Thursday 18 June 2009

My New Project - Oil in Progress

For those of you who are waiting with baited breath to see what I am doing in my studio, these are the very first set of markings towards a representational still life in oils.

You might wonder why it looks a little plain, but I have a perfectly good explanation for that ... I set up my still life in March which consisted of the above arrangement and two red onions. I had every intention of painting whilst running my teaching business, and failed miserably. Subsequently, the two red onions became a little top heavy - green shoots outweighing their bases, and they literally fell off the stand.

I decided to concentrate on the blue 'shape' and will reinsert the onions when I am closer to applying brush to canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment