Wednesday 26 August 2009

Arundel Castle - Acrylic on Canvas

This was a perfect painting day - no wind, hot, few clouds, a whole day to paint and good company. I stayed with friends who are based just outside Arundel. They know it so well and Pauline was the one who showed me this unusual view of the castle. It was a real challenge but absolutely fabulous. I loved the way the castle loomed above the trees. I do have a thing for turrets, and then there was an almost separate scene consisting of the boathouse, restaurants, boats and water in the foreground. A valuable section as it broke up the greens and added extra interest to the picture bringing movement and people into the scene.

I decided to use Acrylic as it is a fast drying pigment. It is not usually my first choice of medium, but I got on so well with it that it has re inspired me to use it on other plein air adventures.

The Lovell's then bought this painting which was a great achievement and I am thrilled to bits.

Thanks for a super day!

No comments:

Post a Comment