Wednesday 26 August 2009

Capricorn in the Pitti Palace Gardens


For Sale - Please ask for Details

This was such an unusual find in the Pitti Palace Gardens. This statue was one of many that surrounded the big pond. Believe it or not, it was the pillars that got my attention not the actual statue. It was strange to paint with watercolours as it had been more than a month since I had worked with a water soluble medium. I was painting with one of my fellow Florence Academy students who was so grumpy because a million and one pigeons suddenly descended on us and he was hot and tired. The poor man had been staying in a flat between two of the main churches, whose bells tolled relentlessly. He was also missing the cooler Irish temperatures. Despite his mood, he made me laugh so much. Needless to say, he did not get much painting done.

No comments:

Post a Comment