Tuesday 18 August 2009

Painting at Kensington Palace


For Sale - Please ask for Details


Yes, that's me with the toothy grin! What a great day it was. I joined my sister on Thursday last week to paint and sketch in London. You could not ask for a more perfect day. The sun shone (yes, believe it) ALL DAY. I loved the location and I could easily go back to do a few more studies.

I have been fretting a lot about the light quality this summer and it has been difficult to paint in the studio, so to have a day out in bright light is a real treat.

We had friendly folk coming up to chat to us during the day which was fabulous. This particular painting was done in watersoluble graphite pencils (2B, 4B and 8B) with a small amount of graphitint to add subtle hints of colour. I wanted to push the boundaries a little, so I applied peat brown ink over the top of the illustration using my sable liner brush. Rather fun actually, especially when I decided to flick ink all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment