Sunday 11 April 2010

Adie's Waterberg Landscape

Acrylic on Block Canvas. Unframed. 122cm x 76cm. Not for Sale

This is a place that is close to my heart. My parents happen to live not far from there and it is a safe haven in South Africa which offers wide open spaces, beautiful sunsets, long peaceful walks and great, big lung fulls of fresh air. I am not really known for painting landscapes but I really wanted a SA view in my English lounge.

I started with a traditional representation of the landscape and it very quickly metamorphosed into a picture loaded with symbolic references and elements which meant something to me. I do love the work of Alphonse Mucha so I linked the landscape to the mural in my lounge and the trees and foreground became slightly stylised. It looks good on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment