Wednesday 23 May 2012

Alphie & Figo and a Garden with a View


A Commission - Oil on Canvas 26 inches x 44 inches

I have recently completed this wonderfully challenging and complex commission and handed it in to very happy clients. They love their dogs (and let me tell you that they are such characters! I spent a good session outside playing with the two of them). The view is one they enjoy from their home and the garden is much loved. It is beautiful too and, for a painter, the roses added those much needed complimentaries for all those shades of green. I also enjoyed painting the shadows with hints of light illuminating a bench or hidden corner. I do want to thank Lucien Freud for giving me added inspiration during this painting process. I watched a documentary about him whilst painting this garden and it helped me to loosen up a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment