Sunday 20 July 2014

Onion Study 1

Size: 36cm (w) x 29cm (h). Watercolour and Acrylic Inks

The initial inspiration came from the onions followed by the copper pot, which I have been dying to paint for some time. It was also important for me to try out my new watercolour pad. (Dalbe, 300g/m + satin finish). I don't normally choose paper like this but it has proved to be fantastic for line work in particular. I jumped straight into this study with my dipping pen and acrylic ink, building the painting from the copper pot outwards. This approach, although nerve racking, adds a sense of discovery and daring to one's experience and leads to all sorts of unusual markings, colour combinations, textures and so on. This painting is busy and colourful. I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment