Sunday 20 July 2014

Ralph and his Postman Pat Van

A Commission:  Size: 73cm (w) x 60 (h). Oil on Canvas

I had the absolute pleasure of painting this heartwarming, sentimental moment in time for our neighbours, whose son absolutely loves vans (old cars he can renovate) and his dogs.  He set up the perfect spot next to a hay bale on the top field where I took a number of photographs trying to capture various expressions. Despite having a car as a focal point, I tried not to turn it into a "chocolate box" rendition, instead, add personality .... and there was plenty of that. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang eat your heart out! I described the texture of the dry grasses and hay using my palette knives and I enjoyed "finding" those warm colours that weren't there to balance the greens. I most welcome project that kept me busy during the cooler weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment